19 Jun DEADLINE EXTENDED! Call for Art: “Through Your Lens” Exhibit
by Sydney Brink
What does the world look like through your camera lens? Ignite Studio is seeking work for our upcoming photography exhibition, “Through Your Lens.” Photography is one of the most accessible forms of art. We all have cameras on our phones, and we’re all searching for that perfect shot. Ignite Studio wants to see your best snapshots. What does artistic photography look like through your lens?
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT EXTENDED TO JULY 19.
Submit artwork in one of these categories:
- Other (Street photography/candid shots/still life etc.)
Images submitted can be color or black & white, film or digital, untouched or edited. Acceptable formats also include cyanotypes, silver gelatin prints, other traditional photo printing, photo assemblages/collages done with ORIGINAL WORK, or digitally manipulated photographs. Artwork must be framed and wired at time of drop-off.
VIDEO ARTISTS: Due to equipment availability, we cannot display video work unless the artists provides ALL EQUIPMENT for the ENTIRE DURATION of the show. This includes video player, screens, speakers, projectors, and other similar needs. Ignite Studio can furnish power outlets.
Artwork will be displayed at Ignite Studio, in the lower level of the Hamilton East Public Library at 5 Municipal Drive, Fishers, IN, 46038
We display artwork by local artists of all ages and backgrounds. We encourage everyone to submit!
- Copies or edits of another artist’s photographs will not be eligible for entry.
- All work must be original.
- NO AI GENERATED WORK.
- Any work previously displayed at Ignite Studio is not eligible for entry.
- Hanging work should not exceed 70 lbs.
- Ignite Studio is located in a public library visited by all ages. We cannot accept work with nudity or profanity.
- Displayed artworks might be photographed for promotional work (social media, print materials, etc.).
All 2D work must be wired for hanging before drop-off. No sawtooth hangers.
All work is allowed to be listed for sale. Ignite Studio does not take commission or facilitate sales. By submitting your work, you are giving Ignite Studio staff permission to provide your contact information to interested buyers. If your work is sold, it is the responsibility of the artist to inform Ignite staff so that we may mark it as SOLD for the duration of the show. It is the artist’s responsibility to arrange for delivery of the artwork sold to the client.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: July 19
- Exhibition dates: August 19 – October 20
- Opening reception: August 24
Call for Art: Through Your Lens Exhibit
Submit all required materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by JULY 12.
- Acceptable formats include, but not limited to:
- Analog/film; digital prints; cyanotypes; silver gelatin prints; photo assemblage/collage with ORIGINAL photos; digitally or manually manipulated photos
- Submissions should be all on one document, either a .docx or .pdf, with one photo slide per page that includes the following information for the appropriate photo:
- Artist’s name
- Dimensions of artwork
- Category which you think the piece should be submitted (Animals, Landscape, Architecture, Portraiture, or Other)
- 1 – 3 images of work (1 image per piece, up to 3 pieces)
- Media (digital, analog) OR the format in which the image was taken (brand/model of camera; lens or film if applicable)
- Digital/DLSR: “iPhone 14”; Canon G7”; “Olympus E-PL1″ “Nikon D7000 with 50 mm Nikkor lens”; “Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 with 85 mm Canon lens”
- Analog/film: “Pentax 6×7 on Kodak Portra 400 film”; “Nikon F4s with Ilford HP5 film”
- Alternative methods/media: “Cyanotype on paper” or “Digital collage assembled in Photoshop”
Join us for an Artist Reception on Thursday, August 24, 2023 . Stop by and see “Through Your Lens” at Ignite Studio from August 19 – October 20, 2023.